Log in to learn about your fit with this job.
Regional Finance and Admin Manager - Asia and Middle East (LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY)
Lutheran World Relief اربيل, العراق تم النشر قبل يوم تنتهي خلال 2 اشهر
رابط الوظيفة في الوظيفي
Location: Iraq ----- Employment Type: Full Time
Department: International Programs
The primary purpose of the Regional Finance Administration Manager (RFAM) is to oversee compliance and monitoring of LWR and IMA's country office operations and project and partner implementation. The RFAM oversees the financial, administrative and grants management functions of the LWR and IMA's programs and offices in Asia and Middle East: Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. The RFAM is also the primary point of contact for supporting budget development for country offices and cost proposals in support of new business development, in coordination with HQ units. The RFAM ensures financial and grants management systems are robust and effectively functioning as designed and intended by the Board with strong internal controls; develop capacities of staff and local partners in areas of finance and administration; and ensures compliance with home office policies and local laws where LWR and IMA operates.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Financial Management and Internal Controls
• Respond to inquiries from LWR and IMA's Middle East staff regarding the interpretation and application of policies contained in the Program Management, Overseas Finance and Administration Management Manuals and country-specific supplemental policies, including new policies issued by HQ during the year.
• Review financial transactions prior to approval/signature by the CDs, as needed, and ensure that transactions are properly supported and comply with LWR and IMA policies.
• Conduct financial reviews of country offices during monitoring trips to determine robustness of financial management systems and to ensure alignment with donor requirements, and/or international accounting standards.
• Establish monitoring mechanisms to ensure that LWR and IMA's offices are following donor rules and regulations governing LWR's funded agreements.
• Support Country Offices' Annual Audits: Support LWR's internal audit process of country offices by coordinating with internal audit team and responding to requests from auditors (e.g., for availability, supporting documentation, etc.) and make recommendations based on findings.
• Review supplemental finance manuals and provide recommendations for improvements, as necessary, to ensure alignment with current or new accounting standards and LWR and IMA policies.
2. Grants Management and Partner Compliance
• Conduct partner pre-award assessment and provide guidance to partners in addressing risk areas. Develop Corrective Action Plan and review and endorse capacity building plans for partners on financial management, grants management, human resources and office administration, if necessary.
• Conduct kick-off meetings with new partners at the beginning or start of new projects. Specific topics to be discussed are as follows: Salient features of the LWR and IMA cooperative agreement; LWR financial policies and procedures on personnel, travel, procurement and other disbursements; Specific donor's rules and regulations, if any; Financial reporting and variance analysis; and Cashflow projections and wire transfers.
• Develop comprehensive partner monitoring systems and tracking reporting schedules for each project and the timely resolution of financial management and compliance issues with partners.
• Review monthly financial reports prepared by partners; ensure spending is on track and in accordance with approved budgets; and disbursement thresholds are met/complied with.
• Review, approve, and process wire transfer requests for partners in accordance with cash flow and project implementation and reports.
• Create an annual monitoring plan for partner visits in accordance with LWR and IMA partner monitoring guidelines. Conduct monitoring visits to partners to review project financial files, conduct sampling exercise of financial records, and advise on areas of concern or improvement through the deliverables of a trip report and Corrective Action Plan for discussion with partner.
• Support HQ Compliance and International Finance team in their review of projects and partners as selected for internal audit or additional spot checking. Identify gaps or areas for improvements and provide recommendations for enhancements as necessary. Review feedback with partners on the results of these compliance checks and ensure Corrective Action Plans are resolved in a timely manner.
3. New Business Development Cost Proposal Field Lead
• Support the cost proposal lead from HQ by providing country office level budget inputs as relates to personnel, benefits, office and other direct costs.
• Participate in technical design workshops or other program communications in order to support the costing of program activities for budget estimates.
• Review budget proposals from prospective local partners ensuring compliance with LWR and funding agencies' budgeting guidelines.
• Conduct pre-award assessments and associated watchdog/OFAC checks for potential new partners.
Annual Planning, Budgeting, and BVA Reviews
• Review LWR Middle East offices' disbursements and monitor budget variance/s of restricted and unrestricted projects and office costs in coordination with and support to RD, DRD-Ops and CDs.
• Provide inputs to annual budget and forecast exercises for projecting spending and costs for Middle East offices
4. Management of Finance Assistance in Iraq
• Ensure QuickBooks use and maintenance through management of in-country accounting support: Oversee country offices' use of general ledger software (QuickBooks) and ensure consistent application of the chart of accounts by all offices. Review and approve monthly QB before forwarding to IF for recording in the MIP.
• Oversee Country Offices' Financial Reports: Ensure that LWR Middle East offices submit timely and accurate financial reports to LWR-HQ. This includes monthly/annual country office financial reports and reconciliation of accounts, cost allocations, and asset inventory reports.
• Maintain a complete inventory list for all LWR office furniture and assets.
Please send all applications to email@example.com.
• Experience working in financial and grants management in at least one of LWR and IMA's focus countries (Iraq, Syria or Lebanon).
• Experience working with multiple restricted funding sources including extensive knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, cooperative agreements and contracts.
• Experience in training, facilitation, and/or support directly with communities and grassroots organizations
• Fluency in Arabic and English is required.
• Highly developed analytical and communication skills, and ability to assimilate and process information for wide-ranging audiences; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
• A self-starter; can identify challenges and take initiative. Ability to prioritize, organize and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision.
• Ability to resolve problems creatively and logically; synthesize; readily grasp issues and the means to address them; and translate ideas into action with a strong results orientation.
• Excellent skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook; QuickBooks preferred; experience in the effective use and management of accounting and database software.
• Commitment to LWR and IMA's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
• Ability to travel frequently (up to 50% of the time) in-country and to neighboring focus countries.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
منطقة الوظيفة اربيل, العراق
قطاع الشركة المنظمات غير الربحية
المتطلبات منظمة غير ربحية
الدور الوظيفي المحاسبة/الشؤون المالية
الحالة الوظيفية دوام كامل
نوع التوظيف Regular
عدد الوظائف الشاغرة 1
المرشح المفضل المستوى المهني إدارة
عدد سنوات الخبرة الحد الأدنى: 5 الحد الأقصى: 10
منطقة الإقامة العراق --- الجنسية العراق